What is wrong with this picture?
I can say that I’ve done a fair bit of traveling over the years; enough to have sampled a healthy share of random hotel continental breakfast options. Rarely am I satisfied with the options available.
This weekend we spent some time in a nice hotel in Santa Barbara, Ca. Although looking at their breakfast selection you would never guess the cost of the room! So this is my list of why continental breakfast’s suck.
10. Stale coffee
9. “Fresh” 2-4 day old pastries laden with hydrogenated oils
8. Artificially sweetened and flavored yogurt
7. Broken machines like a toaster that has two settings-burnt or burnt on one side and not toasted on the other side
6. High sugar cereals with no whole grains and no fiber
5. Fresh fruit-with no option of wiping it clean or washing it prior to eating
4. Carbonated fruit juice with more fizzy than juice
3. Got milk? Maybe, somewhere and only whole milk
2. Plastic silverware and paper plates with no recycling options
1. No real protein options just carb, carb, carb. Good luck if you have blood sugar issues or would like to not be craving sweets all day and hungry again in an hour.
Zen Recipe Corner
Recently, I’ve purchased a pressure cooker. This website is a great resource for those looking just to tackle the basics of using this wonderful addition to your kitchen.