Cantaloupe and Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Basil
– 1 cantaloupe halved and seeded
– 3/4 pound bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella balls)
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 1/4 tsp red-pepper flakes
– Coarse salt and pepper
– 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
– 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
With a large melon baller, scoop melon flesh into a large bowl (or cut into bite-size pieces). Add bocconcini, oil, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Arrange prosciutto along edges of a large serving platter. Stir basil into melon mixture, transfer to center of platter and serve.
This recipe is from the Martha Stewart Everyday Food July edition.